Coming to counselling is a big deal. I respect all that it has taken to get this far, and I will do my very best to help you feel as comfortable as possible when you first start working with me. I believe strongly that you are the expert in your life and when you’re in session with me, you are in the driving seat – I’m the annoying navigator in the passenger seat! Recovery, healing, personal growth or behaviour change, whatever has brought you to this point will require some difficult questions, lots of thinking about things differently and also doing things differently too. I can’t promise it will always be easy, but I can promise that I will be alongside you every step of the way.
We work with a broad range of modalities including:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) – see more here
- Compassionate Inquiry (CI) – created by Gabor Maté (see more here)
- Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) – a therapeutic approach based on the premise that emotions (feelings) are key to identity and that a lack of emotional awareness or avoiding unpleasant emotions can cause harm. Because as I often say, ‘feelings are for feeling’ but they don’t need to ruin our lives
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – values exploration, working with boundaries, finding new ways to view uncomfortable thoughts and feelings
- Compassion Focused Therapy – self-compassion is key to healing and living well
- Somatic (body-based) psychotherapy – working from a bottom-up perspective (see more here)