My favourite resources: Jan – Mar 2021
I really want this blog to be a useful space where people can find all sorts of therapeutically relevant information, mixed up with a good dollop of personal reflections and ramblings with a sprinkling of humour for good measure. I also want it to be a place where you can find links to all the resources that I share with clients, things that I think have strong therapeutic merit or that are innovative and really want people to see.
Therapy isn’t just about what happens in session. I’m all about being creative with therapy – that’s what the whole ‘therapy. done differently’ is about. I believe that therapy can also come in the form of blogs, podcasts, books and conversations with other people who are important to your healing. So, in this last week of the quarter I thought I’d share some of my favourite blogs, websites, books, apps etc with you all – would love to hear what you think of them all!
Podcasts / YouTube interviews:
For a compassionate look at addiction and childhood trauma I encourage so many of my clients to listen / watch these two:
Gabor Maté with Russell Brand click here.
And if you can’t deal with Russell, here’s Gabor Maté with Dr Chatterjee click here.
For female clients who are in their amazing midlife, this is a new podcast by my dear friend and colleague over in the UK – Jenny Burrell. Going to be openly transparent and let you know that I have recently recorded an interview with Jenny for this podcast but I promise that’s not why I’m sharing this one. Jenny’s first episode, entitled “My beautiful cancer and COVID course-corrector is something mighty powerful click here.
I wax lyrical about ALL the feelings so it’s probably no surprise that I love anything that helps expand how we work with emotions. Susan David did an incredible Ted Talk a few years back click here.
And more recently she has done a great interview with Brené Brown on her incredible podcast click here.
- Susan David – Emotional Agility
- Matthew McConaughey – Greenlights
- Peter Levine – Waking the Tiger
- Chloe Brotheridge – The Anxiety Solution: A quieter mind, a calmer you
- Leigh Sales – Any Ordinary Day
- Self-Compassion by Kristen Neff click here.
- Daring to Rest by Karen Brody click here.
- VIA Strengths Assessment click here.
- Calm Harm – a tool to help ride the wave of uncomfortable feelings
- Insight Timer – my all-time favourite meditation app
- Sleep Aid Fan – if you need background noise to sleep, this app might be a game-changer!